Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Run FREE



As I pondered this question, it occurred to me that we spend a better part our lives running somewhere, but what often happens is that we get ourselves running so fast, we never stop to consider if we are running in the right direction. It happens to me more often that I’d like to admit – running real fast, but not always in the right direction. To Paul’s question – he recognizes that the Galatian community had been running a good race, but something or someone ‘cut in’ on the race they were running. They were at one point running a ‘good race’, but something happened that got them off track. And when we get off track, we don’t stop running, we just start running in another direction. For the Galatian community, they began running towards a works based faith – but Paul loved them enough to ask them a tough question ‘who cut in on you?’

I love to run – metaphorically speaking. But this morning at 8:56 AM I was floored with a question. God gently but firmly reminded me that I was not only created to run, but to run free. As I look at this picture, I see a little man who is running free indeed. His head is looking forward, not to the right or to the left, and certainly not behind. Maybe he sees his father in the distance and he is running towards him? I pray that that little boy will continue to run free, and I pray that this little boy now grown up will continue to run the good race which Jesus invited him to do - in FREEDOM!

2 comments:

Krista Photography said...

seriously, why did that make me cry?

suzanne said...

I think using a little kid to illustrate this point is perfect...and don't worry Krista, I am a little choked up myself :)